2021 Greatest Low-cost Automobile Insurance In Oregon – Motley Idiot
Most states, including Oregon, require car insurance by law. But with so many insurance providers, it is not always easy to find the best auto insurance in Oregon. Here's a closer look at which companies are offering the cheapest rates for some of the most popular driver profiles.
- Most affordable for typical drivers: State Farm
- Cheapest for drivers with previous accidents: State Farm
- Best for drivers with previous tickets: State Farm
- The cheapest for young drivers: COUNTRY Financial
- The cheapest for senior drivers: Geico
- Most affordable for drivers looking for minimal coverage: Geico
- The cheapest for drivers with bad credit ratings: COUNTRY Financial
Most affordable for typical drivers: State Farm
A typical 35-year-old female driver with a clean record pays about $ 1,785 annually for auto insurance in Oregon, while a 35-year-old male with a clean record pays just $ 1,742 a year. State Farm far exceeds these two averages, charging an average annual premium of $ 1,298 for men and women.
The following insurers are some of the top auto insurance in Oregon for the typical motorist as well:
- Nationwide, where female drivers average about $ 1,349 a year and male drivers pay about $ 1,299 a year
- COUNTRY Financial, where drivers pay approximately $ 1,387 per year for Oregon auto insurance regardless of gender
Cheapest for drivers with previous accidents: State Farm
A single accident drives the average cost of auto insurance in Oregon to $ 2,616 per year. But customers with an accident who choose State Farm can get the same coverage for just $ 1,678 per year.
These companies also offer cheap auto insurance deals in Oregon to drivers with accident histories:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, which pays these drivers about $ 1,781 per year
- American Family, which bills drivers with an accident an average of $ 1,993 per year
Best for drivers with previous tickets: State Farm
Drivers with a speeding ticket pay approximately $ 2,174 for auto insurance in Oregon. But here, too, State Farm offers these drivers a much cheaper rate. In this case, the average annual premium is only $ 1,424.
These insurers also offer affordable auto insurance in Oregon to speeding drivers:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, where these drivers pay an average of about $ 1,462 per year
- Geico, which charges drivers with a parking ticket an average annual premium of $ 1,722
The cheapest for young drivers: COUNTRY Financial
Young drivers pay some of the highest auto insurance premiums in Oregon at an average rate of about $ 4,682 per year. But COUNTRY Financial offers youth driver protection for a more reasonable $ 1,852 per year. (This is based on the profile of an 18 year old male driver with a clean record.)
Teenagers in Oregon can also get cheap auto insurance from these companies:
- State Farm, where the average annual auto insurance premium in Oregon for an 18-year-old driver is $ 3,089
- Geico, which charges these drivers an average of $ 3,440 per year
The cheapest for senior drivers: Geico
Older drivers only pay about $ 1,599 a year for auto insurance in Oregon. But those who choose Geico get an even better price tag – around $ 947 a year on average.
These insurers also offer affordable auto insurance in Oregon to drivers 65 and over:
- Nationwide, the average annual premium for a 65-year-old driver is $ 1,124 per year
- State Farm, where these drivers pay about $ 1,194 a year for auto insurance
Most affordable for drivers looking for minimal coverage: Geico
Cheap Oregon liability insurance costs motorists about $ 827 a year. That's not too bad, but drivers who choose Geico can get the same coverage for a much more budget-friendly $ 489 per year.
The minimum coverage for Oregon auto insurance is also pretty reasonable with the following companies:
- Progressive, with drivers paying around $ 589 per year for minimum insurance
- State Farm, which charges about $ 628 per year for minimum state insurance
The cheapest for drivers with bad credit ratings: COUNTRY Financial
COUNTRY Financial also stands out for drivers with poor credit ratings. The average annual premium of $ 1,812 for these drivers is much lower than the state average of $ 2,762.
Here are a few other insurers that offer decent auto insurance rates in Oregon to bad credit drivers:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, which pays these drivers about $ 2,038 a year
- Geico, where bad credit drivers pay an average of around $ 2,078 a year
Average Oregon Auto Insurance Compared to National Average
There is no easy answer to the question, "How much is Oregon auto insurance?" It depends on the driver, where he lives, the type of vehicle, his accident history and more. Here is a table that shows how the state average prices for some popular driver profiles compare to the national average.