Automobile insurance for a Mazda 3 – Bankrate.com
The average cost of auto insurance in the US is $ 1,674 per year for fully comprehensive insurance based on a 2019 Toyota Camry. Car insurance premiums are personalized based on various factors such as age and creditworthiness, and the make and model of your vehicle.
If you own a Mazda 3, the average car insurance premium is slightly below average. The average annual premium for a Mazda 3 is $ 1,668 for fully comprehensive insurance according to the 2021 Bankrate study of the stated annual premiums.
In this review, we drew sample quotes for the 2019 Mazda 3 base model. Keep in mind that higher quality models like the Mazda 3 Preferred or Mazda 3 Sport may have more expensive average prices.
How much does it cost to insure a Mazda 3?
The average American driver pays $ 1,674 a year for fully comprehensive insurance (based on a 2019 Toyota Camry). The make and model of your vehicle, among other factors, have a huge impact on the average cost of auto insurance. Also, prices for the same make and model vary depending on the insurance company chosen. Here are some of the factors that affect the cost of Mazda 3 car insurance:
- Crash Rate Statistics: Mazda 3s are very safe vehicles. The 2019 base model, which is equipped with front impact protection, received the "Top Safety Pick" badge from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The car has good accident prevention ratings in most of the categories.
- Price of the parts: Overall, the price of replacement parts for the Mazda 3s is pretty cheap and most of the parts don't have to be imported from overseas. This helps keep insurance costs down.
- Safety devices: On the 2019 Mazda 3 you will find safety features such as blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic warnings, lane departure warnings, lane assistant, adaptive front lighting and more.
Car insurance for a Mazda 3
On average, auto insurance for a Mazda 3 costs $ 1,668 per year for full coverage and $ 494 per year for minimum coverage. However, prices are customized based on each driver's unique circumstances. The only way to know how much you are going to pay is to get a customized quote. These tariffs can help you get a better sense of what Mazda 3 insurance you could pay for.
|Mazda 3 car insurance||Average annual premium|
|Minimum coverage||$ 494|
|Full coverage||$ 1,668|
The cost of Mazda 3 car insurance is only slightly less than the nationwide median premium of $ 1,674. Some of the variables that affect insurance costs are the vehicle's advanced safety features, affordable parts and repair costs, and relatively low MSRP. The Mazda 3 also has fewer thefts compared to other vehicles.
Cheapest car insurance for Mazda 3s
Some of the best auto insurance companies for Mazda 3 insurance are Amica, Erie, Geico, State Farm, and USAA. These providers are highly rated and hold a significant share of the overall industry market share. As you can see, each company offers slightly different rates for Mazda 3 insurance.
Based on our sample listings, USAA is the cheapest Mazda 3 insurance provider, but depending on your personal profile and circumstances, this may not be the cheapest for everyone. When purchasing Mazda 3 insurance, it is a good idea to get sample quotes from a few different providers to see which one is best for you.
Average annual premium for fully comprehensive insurance according to the model
Mazda 3 features that affect insurance costs
Safe vehicles are usually cheaper to insure than cars without basic safety equipment. This is because many advanced safety features can reduce the likelihood of an accident and also reduce the severity of the impact. Here are some of the Mazda 3's features that have an impact on the cost of auto insurance:
- Monitoring the blind spot: The Mazda 3's blind spot monitor uses sensors to detect when objects, fast-moving vehicles or pedestrians enter the vehicle's blind spot and notifies the driver with light and sound signals.
- Lane departure warnings: The lane departure warning system warns the driver if the vehicle unintentionally drifts out of the lane at speeds above 60 km / h.
- Extended Smart City Braking Support: This system is designed for use while driving around town or at low speeds in a parking lot. It uses a front camera to detect vehicles and pedestrians, and if a collision is predicted, it brakes automatically.
Other car insurance coverage for a Mazda 3
Motor insurance is a legal requirement in most states. Motor vehicle liability insurance with minimum coverage includes personal liability insurance as well as personal injury protection (PIP) if you live in a faultless condition. However, there are other policies that go beyond the minimum coverage that may be beneficial to Mazda 3 owners.
Insurance companies recommend that most drivers switch to fully comprehensive insurance, which includes liability insurance as well as collision, fully comprehensive and health insurance. When you lease or finance your Mazda 3, gap insurance can be valuable to help you pay off your outstanding loan amount if your car is totaled.
Other notices to consider are accident forgiveness, which prevents your premium from increasing after your first accident. If you have aftermarket parts installed in your Mazda 3, some insurance companies offer special parts approval that pays for the repair or replacement of optional equipment such as rims, a stereo or a grille.
Bankrate uses Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all zip codes and airlines in all 50 states and Washington, DC Coverage Limits:
- $ 100,000 personal injury liability per person
- $ 300,000 liability per accident
- $ 50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $ 100,000 personal injury to an uninsured driver per person
- $ 300,000 personal injury to an uninsured driver per accident
- $ 500 deductible in case of collision
- $ 500 deductible
To set the minimum coverage limits, Bankrate has used minimum coverage that meets the requirements of each state. Our basic profile drivers own a 2019 Mazda 3, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles a year.
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparison purposes.