How does a dashing ticket have an effect on your Missouri auto insurance? – KTVI Fox 2 St. Louis
NS. LOUIS – Getting a traffic ticket can definitely ruin your day, but it can ruin your insurance prices too.
According to Bankrate, a website that offers financial information and comparisons, Missouri residents could see an average increase of 18% after receiving a parking ticket.
Speeding in Missouri costs between $ 73 and $ 458. Below is a full list of the offenses and charges.
- 1-5 mph over the stated $ 73 speed limit
- In the construction / work zone $ 108
- In the work zone with workers present $ 323
- 6-10 mph over the stated $ 83 speed limit
- In the construction / work zone $ 118
- In the work zone with workers present $ 333
- 11-15 mph above the advertised top speed of $ 108
- In the construction / work zone $ 143
- In the work zone with workers present $ 358
- 16-19 mph above the advertised speed limit $ 133
- In the build / work zone $ 168
- In the work zone with workers present $ 383
- 20-25 mph over the advertised speed limit $ 208
- In the construction / work zone $ 243
- In the work zone with workers present $ 458
- More than 40 km / h – appearing in court
Driving violations also add Missourians points to their driver's license. Those who earn eight or more points within 18 months will have their license suspended.
Below is information about how the Missouri Department of Revenue points system works.
If you collect 8 or more points in 18 months, the Treasury will suspend your driving privilege.
- 1st suspension – 30 days
- 2. Suspension – 60 days
- 3. or more suspensions – 90 days
The Treasury will revoke your one year driving privilege if you accumulate:
- 12 or more points in 12 months
- 18 or more points in 24 months
- 24 or more points in 36 months
If your driving privilege is restored after a point suspension or revocation, the Treasury Department will reduce your total points to 4.
Every year you drive without getting any new points on your record, the points will be reduced.
- 1 year – total remaining points reduced by a third
- 2 years – remaining points reduced by half
- 3 years – points reduced to zero
While your scores can be reduced to zero, certain types of convictions must remain on your Missouri driver record permanently.
Bankrate found that 18-year-old men initially have higher insurance rates, which then rise by an average of $ 779. The outlet said the 18-year-old woman's car insurance increased $ 627 after receiving a parking ticket. Then 40-year-old men’s insurance will be increased by $ 330 annually once they have received a parking ticket. For 40-year-old women, insurance increases by an average of $ 321.
|OLD||AVERAGE ANNUAL FULL COVERAGE RATE BEFORE SPEED TICKET||AVERAGE ANNUAL FULL COVERAGE RATE AFTER SPEEDING TICKET||%
|18 MEN||$ 5,565||$ 6,344||14%|
|18 LADIES||$ 4,542||$ 5,169||14%|
|40 MEN||$ 1,792||$ 2,122||18%|
|40 WOMEN||$ 1,746||$ 2,067||18%|
The above data comes from bankrate.com.
Every insurance company has different tariffs. The average cost of auto insurance in Missouri is $ 1,661 per year for full insurance. The nationwide average price is $ 1,674.
Suggest a correction
Suggest a correction