Recycled Tire Roads + Dwelling Insurance + Parkinson's Help – Patch.com
Have a good Tuesday folks at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch! Let's keep you all posted on what's happening on the ground to start with an informed note today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Rancho Bernardo-4's ranch? Our top notch local sponsorship will keep at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 80, low: 65.
Here are today's top stories at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- Paving our streets with recycled tires? The RB municipal council sent a letter to the City of San Diego Encouraging the city to recycle and reuse tires as much as possible in line with the city's zero waste program. The petition asked the city to run a rubber sidewalk pilot program and Rubberized asphalt concrete (RAC) for our streets. The green streets of CalRecycle Program has evolved RAC, that is a mixture of old tires and asphalt. Rubberized sidewalks are pleasant to walk on and RAC Roads are safer and require less maintenance. (RB municipal council)
- Are you losing your home insurance? An increase in fires can mean a high risk. Now, in 2021, many in the county are being laid off by their insurance companies. Non-renewals more than doubled from 2015 to 2019 in zip codes inclusive Rancho Bernardo. If canceled, act quickly. If this happens to you, learn what to do. (KPBS)
- Parkinson's Support Group – Nurse Sherrie Gould discuss options for people with Parkinson's Illness. Gould is a Parkinson's Movement Disorder Specialist and will speak about the medication available. The free meeting is aimed at sick people and their care partners. The meeting is at 10 a.m. today Rectory of San Rafael. (San Diego Union Grandstand)
Today's Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily will be brought to you from our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring can do a lot more than just doorbells: Check out the full range of smart home products on Ring.com. and Thank you ring for helping spread local news at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch!
Today at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- Meeting of the Advisory Council on Military Affairs. (7:30 a.m.)
- Color protection – Bernardo Heights Mitte. (3:20 pm)
- Seussical Auditions – Bernardo Heights Mitte. (3:30 p.m.)
- Founding meeting – Turtleback Elementary. (6 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Prof. Henry George presents The Industrial Revolution at 10 a.m. (September 7th)
- Film critic Ralph Delauro presents Hollywood Film Noir: Fourteen Hours, 1:30 p.m. (September 8)
- The breast ultrasound screening comes straight to you! (the 9th of September)
Now you are up to date and can really start this Tuesday! I will see you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, you should bring more friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Bettyann Pernice
About me: I have lived in Rancho Bernardo since 2006 and I am very happy to live in this wonderful city. I served on the Rancho Bernardo council and on the planning committee. I'm also a member of the Maintenance Assessment District (MAD), which works with the City of San Diego to create our beautiful new medians. I am also the Vice President of HOA 2 at Seven Oaks. I write regularly for Patch, Nextdoor, and Facebook. I am very happy to be writing the Patch RB newsletter as well.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily? I am listening. You can email me at RanchoBernardo@Patch.com.