This makes it simpler so that you can buy necessary insurance plans – and also you additionally profit from reductions, cashback and premium factors
This post was written in collaboration with Singtel Dash. Although we are financially compensated by them, we still strive to maintain our editorial integrity and to evaluate products with the same objectivity. We strive to provide you with the best recommendations and advice so that you can make your personal financial decisions with confidence. You can view our editorial guidelines here.
Most of us traditionally get our insurance plans from an agent, whether through a recommendation from a friend or our existing agent. Then we make an appointment, meet, go through the plan and then sign the papers.
Also, when searching for insurance policies online, you may need to enter your contact details on the insurer's website and then wait for an agent to call you back before starting the above process.
What if there is a faster (and easier) way to go? Yes, instead of asking for recommendations or searching online, you can conveniently view and purchase some insurance plans from a mobile app that you already use for your daily needs – Singtels Mobile Wallet, hyphen.
A simpler solution in the palm of our hand
Do you remember the insurance savings plans from Singtel Dash and digital insurer Etiqa & # 39; s Dash EasyEarn that delivered great returns?
Savings insurance Dash EasyEarn was launched in mid-2020, making it the first insurance savings plan available on a mobile wallet in Singapore. The second digital insurance savings plan at the beginning of the year Dash PET (Protect, Earn, Transact) was also started in the app.
A new set of life and general insurance plans has been available through the Singtel Dash app since the end of April 2021.
What is Singtel Dash?
Singtel Dash is a mobile wallet that you can use to pay for your daily expenses for things like public transportation and purchases in stores or online. It works like any other contactless payment – just link your Dash Virtual Visa card and tap or scan a QR code to pay. In addition to saving you money with Dash EasyEarn and Dash PET, Dash also lets you send money to several Asian countries including China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia. And it offers rewards too (more on that later)!
What Essential Insurance Plans Are Available Through Singtel Dash?
Singtel Dash and Etiqa have teamed up again to bring a new range of insurance plans to market. In addition to existing benefits, discounts and cashbacks, you also earn exclusive Dash reward points!
Insurance purchases normally don't come with any other perks (e.g. credit card points, etc.), but now is your chance to get extra protection while earning more Dash Reward Points at the same time.
Here are the 4 plans currently available:
|Insurance type||The insurance cover includes ..||bonus||Exclusive dash promotion|
|ePROTECT Maid insurance||Personal accident, side effects of the Covid-19 vaccination, reimbursement of medical expenses, etc.||from $ 138.42 / year (after 25% discount)||1,000 (in-app purchase by December 31, 2021)|
|Private car insurance||Repair guarantee, child seat, windshield, etc.||Depending on criteria (car model, year of construction, off-peak / off-peak times, driver profile, etc.)||5,000 (in-app purchase by December 31, 2021)|
|Tiq cancer insurance||Up to $ 200,000, including early-stage cancer||From $ 0.27 / day *||(up to $ 200 cashback)|
|Term life insurance||$ 50,000 – $ 2 million, lump sum payouts, etc.||From $ 0.04 / day ^||(up to $ 100 cashback)|
* Premium based on S $ 50,000 coverage for a 20 year old male non-smoker
^ Based on S $ 50,000 coverage (5-year, renewable term plan) for a 19-year-old non-smoker
Conditions apply. For more information, see the policy documents on the Singtel Dash app.
ePROTECT maid insurance
Your domestic help is someone you can rely on to keep your home tidy, look after your children or parents, and cook for your family. And you want it to be protected in the event of unforeseen incidents.
If you've done a little research, you know that Etiqa maid insurance is one of the most affordable options in Singapore. Consider getting one through Dash for extra points that you won't find anywhere else. Plans are available in 14-month and 26-month coverage, with premiums starting at $ 138.42 (14-month Plan A, after 25% discount).
- Personal accident protection from USD 60,000 for your helper
- Free financial support for side effects of a Covid-19 vaccination
- Termination and reinstatement costs
- Reimbursement of medical expenses (i.e. you and your family) in the event of abuse by the maid
The app takes you step-by-step through the process, where you can enter your helper's personal details and see the final premium cost before you click Pay.
Buy before December 31, 2021 to receive 1,000 Dash Points. Combine this with a 25% discount coupon code (DASH25).
Private car insurance
When your auto insurance needs to be renewed, you can easily get a new plan through Singtel Dash without all the bells and whistles auto dealers try to sell you. And it's competitive, apparently, to those who own Japanese cars, which most of us are.
- 9 months repair guarantee from authorized workshops across the island
- Free coverage of up to $ 300 for child seats
- Unlimited windshield coverage ($ 100 deductible for each exchange)
- Extra 5% discount if you are without a mistake
Just click through to the correct section in the app that asks you to enter your details, e.g. to add any drivers.
Register by December 31, 2021 to receive 5,000 Dash Reward Points (worth S $ 10).
Tiq cancer insurance
When it comes to cancer insurance, it's always good to have a plan that covers early-stage cancer like this one. Not to say we are Kiasu, but the statistics show it 1 in 4 people can develop cancer at some point in their life. And if you get treatment early, there is a high chance that you will survive this (approx. 80% for people under 50).
- Full payout for all cancer stages
- Choose a benefit of $ 50,000, $ 100,000, or $ 200,000
- Etiqa-Special: Annual 6% discount when extending the contract if no claims were made in the previous year
- Death benefit of $ 5,000
Apply by September 30, 2021 to receive $ 50, $ 100, or $ 200 cashback depending on the award amount. Use the promo code DASH100.
Term life insurance
Term life insurance has recently become more popular due to lower premiums for policies that are not tied to you for life. This is very helpful for families who want to make sure their loved ones have enough in case something happens to them or when they have yet to pay for a large long term loan such as a mortgage.
- Choose from term plans of 5 years (renewable), 20 years (fixed) or up to the age of 65 years
- Coverage of $ 401,000 to $ 2 million
- Lump sum payment in the event of terminal illness or total permanent disability ($ 10,000- $ 100,000)
- Protection against 30 types of critical diseases
- $ 2 million death benefit
Be one of the first 100 to apply by September 30, 2021 for discounts and cashback based on the schedule you choose. Remember to enter the code DASH100.
|Premium schedule||Sum insured||Entitlement to a discount / cashback amount|
|5 year renewable term||Sum insured from S $ 401,000 – S $ 2,000,000||Perpetual 14% discount and S $ 50 cashback|
|20 years fixed term||Sum insured from S $ 401,000 to S $ 999,000||Perpetual discount 18% and S $ 50 cashback|
|Sum insured from S $ 1,000.00 and more||S $ 100 cashback, subject to a minimum annual premium of S $ 500|
|Up to 65 years||Sum insured from S $ 401,000||S $ 100 cashback, subject to a minimum annual premium of S $ 500|
Via Dash Reward Points
For every dollar you spend on Dash (i.e. pay with Dash) at any of the 72,000+ retailers, you'll earn Dash Reward Points. Pretty easy to earn, isn't it? Here is an overview of the reward system:
As you can see, the more you spend, the more points you earn. And the monthly expenses are not even much. If you eat in a restaurant once a week (assuming it is a participating Dash dealer), you can easily get at least Gold level.
Opportunities to earn more Dash reward points:
- Make a transfer using the Dash app (50 points)
- Save and protect with Dash PET (until September 30, 2021)
- Purchase of selected insurance (new)
Redeeming for vouchers through an extensive catalog of rewards. For example:
- $ 2 Get a 1,000 points coupon
- $ 5 Cold Storage Coupon with 2,500 points
- Other partners are Subway, Sephora, Zalora, Singtel and more!
Remember to look out for things like coverage, eligibility, and premium costs when purchasing insurance. Learn more about the insurance plans and download the Singtel Dash app to get started.
– This article was written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
– The information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as financial advice.
– Dash PET is not a bank account or fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that deserves an interest rate.
– These policies are operated by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company registration no. 201331905K). This display is for general information only. Conditions apply. All details about the insurance conditions can be found in the insurance contract. Protected by SDIC up to the specified limits. For more information on the types of benefits covered by the system and, if applicable, the coverage limits, please contact us or visit the websites of the General Insurance Association (GIA), the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or the SDIC (www.gia.org.sg, www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg). Since taking out life insurance is a long-term obligation, terminating the policy early is usually associated with high costs and the surrender value that may have to be paid to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. Before deciding to buy the policy, you should seek advice from a financial advisor. If you decide not to seek advice, you should check whether the policy is right for you. Since term life insurance has no savings or investment function, there is no cash value if the contract ends or is terminated prematurely. This ad has not been verified by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. The information is correct as of September 9, 2021.